On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 12:18 PM, David McClain
<d...@refined-audiometrics.com> wrote:
> … I got Sheeple up and running in LW64. It needed only a minor change in the
> GC function. Whether it is completely correct or not, I cannot tell just yet.
> Both EOS and FIVEAM need a more advanced form of ASDF than is built into LW64
> Version 7.1. But the examples on the GitHub page seem to work just fine.
> Thanks for that! I’ll roll my sleeves up and dig in…

ASDF is self-upgrading. Just download the latest release git branch
into ~/common-lisp/asdf/
That said, my lispworks 7.0.0 has a pretty recent ASDF 3.1.4. Just how
recent an ASDF do you need? fiveam only needs asdf 3.1. Is your
LispWorks actually a 6.x? The LispWorks site advertises 7.0.0, and
6.1.1 for the Personal Edition, but no 7.1.
(NB: self-upgrading from ASDF 2 is also possible, but requires more work.)

Life is like an onion: you peel off layer after layer,
then you find there is nothing in it.