From: profox-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf
Of Malcolm Greene
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 4:00 AM
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: Slow the kid down

Hi Jeff,

With 2 easily distracted teenage daughters, I have the same goals as you.

My d-link router claims to have some QoS (quality of service) options where
I can control the speed of certain activities, but I've never been able to
get this to work. Same for a feature that claims to block certain IP
addresses on a specified schedule, eg. block internet use from 11pm to 6am.

As an interim solution, I had taken to hiding my router's power supply but
my kids were smart enough to find replacements that matched my router's
power specs.

My current solution is to replace the cable between my cable modem and
router with an identical looking bad cable and claim that Comcast is having
problems again ;)

Malcolm (SOB in NJ)