On 01/29/2012 08:01 AM, Kurt @ VR-FX wrote:
> Where I work -they do it slightly different - although - I think its
> kinda strange. They have some kinda code that generates a new coded
> number each month - and this is for people that Lease the system. So -
> each month - they must call our office and ask for the coded number - to
> continue to use the system. So - we give our office manager the list of
> codes for like 12 months - and she then has to give them the new code
> each month - IF they are paid up! But, even I admit - that seems kinda
> hokey. But, it is what it is...
>
> -K-
>
> On 1/29/2012 8:56 AM, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>> I am going to offer customers a month to month fee for using an
>> application.  After a time of non-payment I want to disable the
>> application until they catch up payment or decide not to use it any
>> more.  I would like the application to call a key located on my web site
>> that would return a status that would let the application continue or
>> shut down.
>>
>> I thought I had read of someone here talking about that.  I think it was
>> Paul McNett.
>>
>> I'm looking for suggestions on how to go about this.
>>
>> TIA,

My plan is to have as little interaction with the customer as possible -
on this topic of course.  ;^)  I have an activation program that can
establish the key on the web site - which will be checked each time the
program is started.  If they don't check the web - running without
internet access, my first thought is to have the program activated once
a year.  So if they never access the Internet, I will shut it down on
their anniversary date.

Thank you!

Jeff

Jeff Johnson