I'm happy to see that I might actually have started one of the longest
discussion threads for the Month of February. Of course, its always exciting to
see my name or one of my own Message Subject higher up in the Stats - come the
end of the Month!

Well - I ended up writing some cool code yesterday to track down the records
with the problem. I had the program copy out each record to a DBF file - 1
record at a time - and then attempted to store the record number of each good
record copied into another DBF file. But, of course, when VFP did a Hard Crash
like it would do - it would also NOT update that DBF correctly. So - instead -
I would open that DBF record counter - after each successful record copy - and
update the number - then close the file. Massive overhead on disk access to be
sure. Of course, when dealing with a single date range of Invoices - to track
down the records with the problem - it worked quite well. And, the program - I
had to restart it over and over again after each crash - but, it would continue
where it left over (skipping one record - the BAD one) - until it found all the
Bad Rec's in the range(there were only 3 of them). My solution then was to
simply go to that record - and replace the Memo field with a Blank.

Needless to say - to be thorough (since, even though the problem was reported
for a couple date ranges - I really had to check the WHOLE Invoice Header file
records to see if there were OTHER records with the problem). As you can
imagine - once I had it continue on after the original date range - then I
found HOW SLOW it would be - and that it would be creating THOUSANDS of Files
during the Record testing. Luckily - at like 20 min. before quitting time - I
realized that a SCATTER MEMVAR MEMO command would accomplish the SAME test -
and would be blazingly Fast in comparison. So - lucky for me - I had it all
working - with Scatter - and scanned the WHOLE DBF file (which we had
donwnloaded from our client). So - by about 30 seconds before quitting time
here (6pm) - I had the list of Bad records to give my QA Tech, and he had
replaced all the Memo fields with the BLANKS - and then tested the previously
Crashing Reports - and, WHAM BAM - All works now!

So - thanks again for all the input from the list. Sorry for this long e-mail,
but, if my suggestions help anyone in the future - it will have been well worth
it for me to type this up.

Have a Good Weekend to you ALL!
-K-