> > I had a message from the user and the VFP runtime files are not in common
> > files at all. They seems to be in another directory and I don't know why.
> > It's not even a system one. So it might be because the dll is registered
> > there and not in the exe directory which I asked him to try
> > I think VFP9 also needs a couple of C files. Maybe they are not there
> > Al
>
>You need msvcr71.dll, my version is 10/31/04.
>One more time, I put these in the App folder and have NO problems.  Why
>fart around with Win7 problems and registering this stuff?

+1

gdiplus.dll
msvcr71.dll
vfp9r.dll
vfp9t.dll
VFP9RENU.DLL (for good measure)

.. all in the same directory as your application is all you need for a
basic application.

Beyond that, if users run as restricted users, give them modify permissions
on the application directory.

Finally, on Vista or later, do NOT install your application to ..\Program
Files\[whatever]. Put it in the root, or in ..\Users\Public.

With these things in place I've never had a problem.

Ken Dibble
www.stic-cil.org