Allen <pro...@gatwicksoftware.com> wrote:

>http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~VFP9RuntimeFiles
>Al

The runtime needs to be registered or in the system path or in the exe folder.
A registered runtime is used before the one in the path. However, the runtime
will use the language file in the path before it uses the one on the same
folder as the runtime. This is where my headache usually is. A different
version of the runtime files is distributed into the system32 folder. I install
and register the sp1 runtime in the Microsoft suggested location and register
them. Now both VFP apps fail the same way. I determine which version of the
files are newer. I get that version installed into the program files\common
files\Microsoft shared\vfp folder and erase the others. On 64 bit systems they
are installed to the program files (x86) structured path.
--
Tracy
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.