I install the runtime files into a specific folder and read the directory
information from an ini file. That gets around the problem.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: profox-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf
Of Dan Covill
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 1:19 PM
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: VFP has stopped working

On 08/02/12 01:11, Allen wrote:
> One thing bugging me though. In the past I have heard several comments
> on placing the runtimes in the exe (app) directory. Ok what if you
> have more than one app as some users do. As the runtime requires
> registering this would seem to be an odd idea. You can't register the
> runtimes in two locations after all.

The runtimes do NOT require registering.  My (sole remaining) client (I'm
officially retired) is running my VFP9 app, with run-times in the app
folder, on a machine that also has VFP6 installed.  I assume that the VFP6
run-times were registered as part of the install.  We have never had any
problems.  If we did, I'd uninstall VFP6, since we only use it on rare
occassions to look at data problems.

Dan