Subject: Re: [NF] Writing a program for Linux Tablets.
From: Profox <pro...@peterhartcomputers.co.uk>
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Date: 11/7/2012 4:05 PM

I agree Allen that is another reason I like the Coby it is much more
responsive.
As to updates We will just have to wait and see.

A little story about Samsung.
Some years ago when the old CRT monitors were around, I had one were the
signal cable was faulty when I tested it out of the box.  I spoke to their
technical and found out that they would send a replacement but it would be a
refurbished unit.  This was not good enough so I got them to send me a new
signal cable, Supplied my client with a mew monitor of a different make,
sold the Samsung cheap after explaining what had happened and decided never
to sell another Samsung product.  Which was a good thing as all the Samsung
CD and DVD drives stared to fail after about 18 months.
Earlier this year I was persuaded to try their laptops and was initially
very pleased with them.
However a couple of months ago a new Laptop arrived and the first problem
was It wouldn't see the Office 2010 DVD. I took out the DVD writer and
reinserted it and it worked just long enough to get Office installed. When I
opened a new document I was surprised to see a thunder fly ( a very small
insect that we get in the millions in rural UK when the corn is being cut)
Crawling up inside the screen.  When I rang Samsung, I was informed that
they weren't considered as a warranty problem and that I would have to put
up with it. The fact that the CD/DVD drive was working again they as much as
said I was lying.  I sent it back to my supplier and I am still awaiting a
credit.
Never Never will I sell another Samsung product and even though I like my
Daughters Samsung Galaxy I will not be upgrading to one of those.

Cheers

Peter