Hi Ed,

Thanks for that.  I've already done steps 1 to 5 on an old laptop but gave
up as the laptop was a P2 and just not man enough for the job.  I hope to
acquire another, more powerful machine, in a few weeks and try again.  I was
very impressed with the ease of use of Kubuntu.  The problem is - what is
the significance of the svr, bin, etc folders.  When I write an OO document
where do I save it?  If I want to edit it where do I find it again?  I have
no doubt that once I make a start a lot of this will become clear - it would
just be nice if I could find a suitable book written for Windows users that
will explain it all in terms that I am familiar with ( and, yes, I know
Linux is not Windows <g>).  Can anyone recommend one?

John Weller
01380 723235
07976 393631