Hi Rick,

I have been playing with Kubuntu and Ubuntu and found them very easy to
install - but I didn't seem to have any control over where everything went.
I assume that they were placed in the 'correct' places but then some of the
comments here about where to locate apps and data made me wonder <g>.  I
have very fixed ideas of how I want a Windows machine laid out based on 15
years experience (or however long since Windows 3 came out) but don't know
if they translate to Linux.

I've no doubt I'll learn more as soon as I get the toy I'm promising myself
to play with Linux on and can get my son to help me set it up - that really
makes me feel old!!!!!  It doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was helping him
set his train set up (although it's probably nearly 30 years).

John Weller
01380 723235
07976 393631