Leland F. Jackson, CPA wrote:
> The middle east has a long history of violence between rival tribal
> fashions.  Back in the old days, before gunpowder was discovered, the
> killing simple took other forms like:
>
> beheading
> target practice on captives with bow and arrows and spears
> disembowelment with swords
> drawn and quartered with horses
> stoning
> hanging
> torture to death
> poling
>
> Would you prefer any of these to being blow to piece with car bombs or
> tortured and shot execution style by death squads.

I wouldn't know. Did you ask them??? I mean, you coming from the 'land
of the free' where everyone can have his saying (or is that only for use
 inside your borders?)

> Below is an article regarding a mother, who was bound to a wheel chair,
> who helplessly watched as the family pit bull chewed here daughter's
> arms off.  Luckily for the daughter, she was able to survive until
> police arrived using her arm stubs to fend off the pit bull from getting
> to her throat.  Perhaps if this family had owned a hand gun this tragedy
> could have been prevented.  Sometimes minutes count and there just isn't
> time to wait for police.

And my cousin once caught a cough.... so as of then I always wear a
cloth over my mouth and nose. And once a rain ruined my shoes so it's
rain boots every day, you never know.

> Here is another article where a man was attacked by a pit bull while out
> on his morning walk, and a hand gun would have come in very handy;
> although, this man managed to survive without the gun.  Many other
> people do not survive attacks by large dogs.
>
> http://www.click2houston.com/news/10889479/detail.html
>
> You never know what is going to happen, and it's wise to be prepared to
> protect oneself and the family against whatever threat might occur.  A
> hand gun is especially useful when age begins to degrade our physical
> capabilities to protect ourself and family.

That's why I always carry along my faithful portable atomic bomb. Any
dog attacks me and I'll blow us all up.