On Jun 7, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Derek Kalweit wrote:

> Just because something isn't broken, doesn't mean it can't be done
> better. Innovation in technology shouldn't be held back by 'if it
> ain't broke' mentality-- 'if it ain't broke' mentality is more an
> argument for business ROI evaluations.

        Isn't that exactly what is being discussed? Apps that are being re-
written simply because Microsoft announces a new way to develop them,
without regard for ROI?

        While I wouldn't recommend that clients do new development in VFP, I
sure as hell wouldn't recommend dumping a VFP app that is doing what
they need without a strong business justification.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com