Jeff Johnson wrote:
> Michael:  I have done this on everything since day 1.  Well maybe I got
> in trouble a couple of times and started it somewhere early on.  I don't
> have them sign anything because nowadays I have been working with my
> core customers for over 15 years.  What I do is get the bulk of the
> application working and distribute it.  I have the customer put it
> through it's paces and ask them if it is what they expected and does it
> meet their needs.  If they say yes, I bill them and move on to the next
> phase.  I do this with hourly and bid.  When I add a feature or a
> report, I handle it the same way.

The big difference between your scenario and mine is that I'm not
working with long-time customers but in fact NEW customers, and those
folks may be of the mindset "why do I have to test this...isn't that
your job?"  I certainly run my own testing, but many times, especially
in a scenario where I'm a very small company (1!), the end-user may do
something that I didn't consider.  You know the kind of customer I'm
talking about--the ones who want the off-the-shelf product that is
flawless....and we all know that with custom written software, that
"flawless" idea is simply not realistic.

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC