On Nov 6, 2007, at 8:54 AM, MB Software Solutions wrote:

> The big difference between your scenario and mine is that I'm not
> working with long-time customers but in fact NEW customers, and those
> folks may be of the mindset "why do I have to test this...isn't that
> your job?"

        I *always* show the app to the actual employees who will be using it
whenever possible. It's one thing to get the department head to sign
off on the spec, but without exception the day-to-day users find one
or more things that annoy them because they make their work harder.

        Let's say you're showing it to a couple of users, and they comment
on how the current app is a pain because it makes them do x, y and z
in order to accomplish what should be a simple task. You then modify
the app to accommodate this request, and show them the new version.
They will think that you are the greatest guy in the world, because
you listened to them and made their life easier. You now have some
'fans' in the company who will champion your app and be glad to show
others why this new app is much better. This kind of support is
invaluable in overcoming the inevitable bumps that happen when a new
app is introduced into a busy office.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com