Ted Roche wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Gil Hale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> You might want to look at GPG. That allows you to encrypt email and
> attachments, verify the integrity of mail from folks you trust, and
> more. GPG has nice integration into Thunderbird with Enigmail. That
> way, you don't need to trust your email service provider, whomever
> they might be.

I've tried in the past to use E-mail encryption (pgp, etc), but the
hitch I always run into is that of course, the person on the receiving
end has to also use some form of encryption software to read the
messages.  Getting ANY of my family, friends or relatives to take this
extra step has proven to be impossible for me.  They just want to click
on AOL LOL whatever, and read their e-mail.  They don't want to be
bothered even installing something that's transparent, once it's installed.

I feel like the kid with the Captain Marvel decoder ring, that can't
find any other kid with a ring to play with....

If I have to send data,  I zip with encrypt, and place it on a new
folder on an FTP site. (Yeah, I know - don't get me started about SFTP -
same problem).  Actually, whenever possible, I start up an ftp client on
my laptop, give them the IP address, and have them pull the data down.
This way I can monitor exactly who's connected, and can disconnect after
they have the data.