From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Stephen Russell
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:31 PM
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: Re: Where have you gone, Visual FoxPro?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:12 PM, MB Software Solutions General Account
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bill Anderson wrote:
>> Not a bad article...
>>
>> In the magazine it's titled "Developers keep FoxPro buzz alive"
>>
>> <http://www.sdtimes.com/content/article.aspx?ArticleID=32372>
>>
>> Bill Anderson
>

>  From the article:
>
> "All three noted that many of their FoxPro compatriots have begun to
> move on to .NET programming. Microsoft's strategy "has changed
> dramatically. It makes [VFP] a tough sell," Duffy offered.
> Consequently, he added, the number of developers skilled enough to
> support and maintain a FoxPro application is dwindling."
>

> Hmmm...at least some part of that is true.  I wonder if there really
> are hard metrics saying how many VFP devs went to DotNet or went other
> directions?  Sure...it'd be good for the M$ image to say folks have
> come to the DotNet party...and it surely might be true....but is it
REALLY?
> I guess those surveys we filled out that asked "are you going to use
> DotNet within the next a) 0-3 months, b) 3-6 months, or c) 6+ months ?"
>  Get it?    <gd&r>

hahahaha you crack me up.  For all those who left 75% probably stayed with
Visual Studio.  The other 25 probably did the java, php, big database
management, or other open source products.

Just look to YAG as a key player in VFP and what he ventured to.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer

901.246-0159