>> I'm totally in agreement that a fair percentage of Vista-haters only hate it
>> because they read on
a load of forums and blogs that they should hate it.<<

Me too. I also believe that most Vista problems come from upgrading
underpowered hardware. I know,
my world is not a scientific sample, but it is absolutely word-of-mouth
anti-marketing that keeps
some people from trying it. That is how the world works these days. You get the
buzz around the
product and it succeeds (iPhone for example). You get some bad press and you
ensure a dud (Vista).

Microsoft has delivered duds in the past (DOS 4, Windows ME) and they have
bounced back. I am
expecting the same thing for Windows 7.

The issue should be whether it makes business sense to revamp the entire
business infrastructure. If
a company migrates to Vista they have to upgrade plenty of software and
probably do some training.
Not as much as moving to Linux or Mac, but more than XP. If they continue with
the very solid XP,
they don't have to incur the extra expenses of training, but it costs the
company an extra $99 to
downgrade to XP. Business can keep focused on business.

For me, it is completely a business decision for my customers, nothing
emotional.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com