Tracy,

Many thanks!

Yes, I tried the Firstdraw event as that is a pretty common issue with
DBI components. And, I was surprised that it made no difference at all.
I also tried a few other form events and ctGrid events...I forget which
ones now because it was in the wee hours a few days ago. No effect.

I'll try dumping the eye candy, although that's going to negatively
impact my satisfaction in using my computer! (Don't you realize how
important glowing buttons and transparent borders are!!!!)

Thanks again! I'll report any improvements.

Mike