(I asked if write caching was turned off.)

On 3/3/2011 12:17 PM, Mike Copeland wrote:
> c) You got me here. Tell me how to do that and I'll try it! But it seems
> odd that running the EXE from a network drive is fast. I mean, I THINK
> that the local drive is used for cursors and caching and such when
> running the EXE from a network drive, so why would it be different????

Easy.  In Win7, "Computer", right click on the drive.
        Click on 'Properties'
        Select the 'Hardware' tab.  Click the 'Properties' button.
        Select the 'Policies' tab.  There are two toggle buttons.
        UNselect the 'Better Performance' choice.

Note:  I don't really believe this is the problem, but it's a cheap
thing to check.

The symptoms still sound a lot like memory 'thrashing' due to allocating
temporary areas for the method that adds to the listbox.
That means the swapfile.  Make sure that
  a) The swapfile has a reasonable size.
  b) The swapfile size is fixed.  Do NOT 'let Windows manage it'.

Your loop is
SCAN WHILE !EOF('temp')
       thisform.ctGrid.addcomboitem(1,temp.sku)
ENDSCAN
I don't see any .addcomboitem() method in a grid, so I guess this is a
custom method that deals with a column in the grid.  My guess is that
something about the way this is coded, combined with some change in the
way Windows 7 handles the memory allocation, may be causing the problem.
What does this method do, exactly?

Dan Covill