Frank,

I'm in total agreement, but the way that DBI's ctGrid loads its combo is
a little different.

Essentially, you load all the possible data into the ctGrid memory
manager, and then the "drop down" acts like an incremental search. My
clients love it. Once the data is loaded into ctGrid, it's extremely
fast. Heck, on all platforms except Win7+VFP runtime it's extremely fast
in all regards.

I hadn't mentioned it, but I have another DBI OCX that I'm using on
another form, the SKU Editor form, that loads the same list of 23,000
SKUs and it....ready for this?....is slow. Same performance as the ctGrid.

I agree with you that needing to load 23,000 SKUs into a combo is over
the top, and that will be addressed soon with my client, but for now,
why would the performance be so dramatically different just because the
OS changes is my question. (Yeah, I know, at some point you have to get
past the problem and accept a work-around.)

Thanks for grok'ing this!

Mike