Load, plotdef, and plot behave as you describe, thanks for familiar
behavior.

For plot (;*:) steps 0 3 200 and Chrome web browser,

   There is no straight line segment running from the last point of the
curve to the first -- thanks!

   8 in y-axis label looks like 3 .  In other plots with two-digit
y-axis labels only the second digit shows.  y-axis labels are being cut
off on the left.

   Grid lines are very faint.

For plotdemos 34 and Chrome web browser

   Horizontal labels col 1 col 2 col 3 are cut off at bottom so o looks
like n .

   Vertical labels row 1 row 2 row 3 run into y-axis labels so that
label row 2 interferes with 1 and 2 of y-axis labels 100 and 200, and
label row 3 interferes with 50 of y-axis label 5000 .

   Numerical y-axis labels are complete: they are not cut off at left as
described above for plot (;*:) .

   The 5 of 5000 y-axis label for column 2 is inside the plot for column
1, and likewise the 5 of 5000 for column 3 is inside the plot for column
2.  The columns should be spaced farther apart horizontally.

Hope this helps.  You have chosen a large task for one person to do!