I guess your version of jhs was out-dated.  The related message inside
current jhelp reads,

Use JAL to be sure following required addons are installed:
<pre class="jcode">
 graphics/plot
 graphics/afm
 demos/plot
 general/misc
 math/misc
</pre>

Learn about plot with the following examples. Detailed info at the wiki.
<pre class="jcode">
   require 'plot numeric trig'
   plot 10?10
   load '~Demos/plot/plotdemos.ijs' NB. more than 50 demos
   plotdemos 0
   plotdef 'show';200 100
   plotdemos 1
   plotdef 'show';600 300 NB. jhsshow width height
   plotdemos 3
   plotdef 'link';600 450 NB. jhslink
   plotdemos 10
   plotdef 'link';400 200
   plotdemos 25
   plotdef 'none';600 300 NB. create ~temp/plot.html without show or link
   plotdef 30
   plotdef 'show';600 300 NB. jhsshow
   plotdemos 54
</pre>

Вск, 04 Дек 2011, Fraser Jackson писал(а):
> Note  'How do we load addons?'
>
> The instructions for plotting in JHS say
>
> Install  JAL  graphics/plot  graphics/afm  and  demos/plot
>
> Does this mean install them and load them?
>
> It then suggests  you learn from
>
> load '~addons/ide/jhs/jplotdemo.ijs'  jplot
>
> What does this mean since it is clearly not a J sentence.
>
> When I attempt this a possible sentence from the line I get the message
>
>    load '~addons/ide/jhs/jplotdemo.ijs'
> not found: c:/users/fraser/j701/addons/ide/jhs/jplotdemo.ijs
> |file name error: script
> |       0!:0 y[4!:55<'y'
>

> That file does not exist on my system.
>
>    JVERSION
> Engine: j701/2011-01-10/11:25
> Library: 7.01.051
> Platform: Win 32
> Installer: j701a_win.exe
> InstallPath: c:/users/fraser/j701
>

>  There seems to be a more general problem loading addons.
>
>    load 'general/misc'
> not found: C:\Users\Fraser\j701/general/misc/misc
> |file name error: script
> |       0!:0 y[4!:55<'y'
>
> I would like to get into helping test the graphics, but I need clear
> instructions as to how to start, and a working addon system.

regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24