On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 10:03 -0400, drew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OK - so yesterday I managed to get all of the files we had in the
> add-on-extensions moved up to the CMS server.
>
> Also managed to get 'some' of the additional artwork files.
>
> Doing this I had to make a decision and well, I just went ahead and made
> it - though it could be changed.
>
> The directory structure on the CMS is actually a good bit different from
> the one that ended up on the NA-DVD and I decided, in order to make our
> efforts more accessible to the wider project, to use the CMS current
> structure.
>
> What that means:
>
> We had all our extensions stored in a single directory.
> The CMS system has each extension stored in a separate sub-direcoties
> under a common root. I followed this patter.
>
> For Artwork we had all of our .oxt packaged (Gallery clipart) files in a
> single directory. We also have all the thumbnails for these files stored
> in a single, and different, directory (pics). The CMS again uses
> separate sub-directories, under a common root, for artwork gallery
> files. It also includes the thumbnail graphic associated with the .oxt
> in this separate directory (and any other ancillary file associted with
> the package). I also followed suit on this.
>
> So - for today, will finish moving artwork gallery files, then other
> artwork and then move onto moving templates.
>
> Finally, I found a few (only a few) files in the NA-DVD directories that
> are not listed in our UI - something that I thought we had gotten rid
> of. I did not move these files.

Hi again,

First - included the projects list on this.

Alright finished up that artwork-gallery files and moved on to the
clipart files.

Now things get a little more interesting.

1) Some of the files are shared between NA-DVD and the DE disc, and they
exist therefore in the assets directory on the CMS - problem is they use
German names for the sub-directories, and we of course use English.
Is there a good way to handle this using SilverStripe so we both get
what we want without duplicating files?

2) The openClipArt files. Alright we have a few more then currently on
the CMS system, so no problem we add those.
But - there current files on the CMS system all use .tar.gz files and we
used .zip. Anyone care?

Thanks

//drew