Hi Drew, *

Am 27.06.2011 23:33, schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:
>> On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 12:53 -0400, drew wrote:
>>> Now things get a little more interesting.
>
>>> 1) Some of the files are shared between NA-DVD and the DE disc, and
>>> they exist therefore in the assets directory on the CMS - problem is
>>> they use German names for the sub-directories, and we of course use
>>> English. Is there a good way to handle this using SilverStripe so we
>>> both get what we want without duplicating files?
>
> I had a short look over it. As far as I see, only those subdirs
> containing german content carry german names. It's the 'screenshot'
> and 'templates' folder.

Could you tell me the folders concerned?

>> then again - do we care if a sub-directory is in English or German,
>> really it is just a click on a URL link on a HTML page right?

indeed  :-)
it's more about people with Mac/Linux machines browsing the disk by file
managers - they are facing folder names.

> As not familiar with the CMS capabilities: does move folders/files move
> the link depencies as well?? In this case making a more clear folder
> scheme might be an easy task ;o)).

Silverstripe offers no possibility to rename or move folders in assets.
Create a new one, move content, delete the old one.
We can drag files across existing folders and the links are corrected.

>>> 2) The openClipArt files. Alright we have a few more then currently
>>> on the CMS system, so no problem we add those.
>>> But - there current files on the CMS system all use .tar.gz files
>>> and we used .zip. Anyone care?

Well we'll wait for complaints  ;-)
I guess I went for the 'lower weight' packs when downloading them...

> Maybe Uwe or Erich can give more usable comments.

:-) not sure about the usability ...  ;-)

cheers
Erich