i think we are due for SP7 for 99SE

JaMi, have you sent this to protel?
i would appreciate if you posted their response back here

i don't have the time or patience to play with DXP

i looked at it a little and you need to be a part time programmer to
operate it now

i bought a second seat for $5K recently i think that deserves some on
going support

hell, even if they had to charge a *small* fee for it that would be
better than nothing

Dennis Saputelli

JaMi Smith wrote:

> Aren't we about due for Service Pack 7 for Protel 99 SE?
>
> DXP, even by the most expert opinions, is  not ready for "Prime Time" yet,
> and it appears that most people are saying that it will be about a year
> before it is really ready. (See the Altium DXP forum for more on that
> issue.)
>
> There is the additional question of whether or not one wants to pay for an
> new system when the one that he already has paid for still has some
> unresolved problems and issues.
>
> While I know that there are those that will say that there has been a "free
> ride" with all of the "free" Service Packs that have been issued for Protel
> 99 SE, I would respectfully remind anybody who might think that, that there
> are numerous people out there who have bought P99SE at SP5 or SP6, and some
> of which have even been bitten by the price increase last July, and yet will
> still not receive a free upgrade if they purchased before October 1st of
> last year, and still have not seen any response from Altium to some of the
> remaining problems and issues with P99SE which have been reported to Altium.
>
> Please note that some of these people have not even had P99SE for a full
> year yet, and irrespective of how long they may have actually had it, they
> have still seen no resolution to problems reported within a week or two of
> purchase.
>
> I would respectfully submit that many people out there have purchased a
> product, Protel 99 SE,  for a very large sum of money, which they intend to
> use, and intend to keep, and intend to have it properly perform the function
> for which they bought it, and for which it was designed, and have the right
> to have the remaining problems with that product fixed with another Service
> Pack.
>
> There is an existing Bug list.
>
> There are numerous other problems that have been addressed in this forum
> which are reasonable canidates for inclusion in a Service Pack 7.
>
> I would respectfully submit that this issue should be discussed here in this
> forum, in a reasonable fashion, to determine if there is enough basis for
> requesting another Service Pack for Protel 99 SE from Altium.
>
> I would further submit that minimally that Service Pack should be free to
> anyone who purchased Protel 99 SE while it was already at SP6, and possibly
> even SP5.
>
> Further, I believe that whether or not older users of P99SE should have to
> pay any fee for the Service Pack, would be a topic for discussion, and would
> among other things, be partially based on just what was fixed versus how
> long it has been a known issue or problem.
>
> I am not exactly sure what the date of the release of SP6 is, but I know
> that it was in effect when my employer bought another seat for me early last
> July of 2001, about a week after the price increase.
>
> I respectfully submit that it is reasonable to assume that at least from the
> [...]

* Tracking #: 53A8FE50E208104D9CD2165DA35CF400868C6DFA