Jim Monroe wrote:

I sure wish someone could point out some PCB layout productivity enhancements that I might have missed.

Bit it looks so pretty. Is that not enough for you?

It has lots and lots of frills that should make you feel better and that should enhance your productivity.

And don't forget, it is the latest and greatest. You are just too picky and hard to please if that is not good enough for you.

But wait, there is more. DXP2004's productivity gain goes beyond DXP and affects other applications. The only way you can use DXP2004 is by upgrading your computer to the highest performance machine that you can buy, something you would not have done otherwise. This new machine should increase your productivity with other software. Now my productivity goes down if I ever have to use a single monitor machine, regardless of what I am doing. However, I have been using a dual monitor setup since 2000, so DXP can not take credit for that one.

The bottom line: If there are productivity gains, I have not yet seen them either. They may well be the figment of imagination of those that feel the need to justify their decision of spending the money to buy DXP.

Hamid