On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Rajith Muditha Attapattu <
rajit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rafi,
>
> I just checked in some skeleton code to explore a particular approach.
> It avoids the intermediate objects we have in proton now (Ex FlowType.java)
> Instead the Flow class is directly used by the encoding/decoding layer.
>
> The Flow class uses java types as opposed to AMQP specific types, which
> will address one of your main concerns.
>
> The code is checked into the "rajith-codec" branch.
> The classes to look at
> Flow.java in the o/a/q/p/transport2  package
> TransportTypesEncoder and TransportTypesDecoder in o/a/q/p/codec2 package.
>
> I've also put some question marks in the code .. pls answer them.
> But more importantly pls provide feedback on the direction taken.
>
> I'm keen to settle down on the direction/approach first and then will start
> implementing the rest.

It looks like a good start from what I saw from the commit message that
flew through my inbox. One general question, are you intending to develop
the rest of the performatives by hand, or is this just a skeleton to figure
out what your generated output should look like, or is that TBD?

If you put it up on reviewboard or make a PR or something I can make some
more detailed line by line comments and answer the questions you embedded
in the code.

--Rafael