Hi Nic,

I'd love to see this included directly in Prototype to allow for
Event.fire and Element#fire to trigger DOM events (and not only custom
ones).

This would imply researching on how to trigger keyboard events (I know
YUI has a working implementation, for example), and providing a simple
wrapper around events like blur, focus and submit.

Any thoughts or proposed implementation on this is welcomed.

Best,

Tobie