What's your timeframe for finishing this? Will its API change much?
I started doing screencasts of "how to use unittest" today for peepcode.

If this patch is not useful, then it suggests the current
Event.simulateMouse code should be removed as part of the refactoring. Force
people to go looking for a tested, known working library to perform the
simulations rather than attempt to use known non-working code?