Hi Timm,

> your code does not work, because there is no Element method called
> "move".
> You have to a) create a new Effect for this and b) you must merge the
> two options hashes before using them since move expects only one:
>
> new Effect.Move('banner1' , $H(options).merge({x: 60, y:-30}))

How do I make this syntax work with the code I have?

> I would also suggest to use this way of effect creation for any effect
> instead of calling object methods on Element objects, since it
> emphasis the separation of script.aculo.us effects and prototypes
> (DOM-) extensions.

I know nothing about DOM other than the acronym!

How do I do this?  When I have changed the effects from the
$(element)[effect] syntax to the one you are suggesting, none of the
effects work.  Within the framework of the snippet I inserted in my
first email would you please show me how the way you are talking about
works?

Thanks,

Leonard.