At first: Sorry but i missed that you do not specify all required
options for Effect.Move
You should check at http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous/effect-move
, there you will find that you have to specifiy x, y and mode at least.
And i just realized that using a hash as container for options does
not work, at least it does not here. My apologies.

Other than that the code should work just fine if you replace the $
('banner1').move(... line with

new Effect.Move('banner1' , {x: 60, y:-30, mode : 'relative'});

or mode : 'absolute' , i can't tell from this snippet you posted want
you want to do.

If this does not work: Do you have script.aculo.us and prototype
imported correctly to your page? And what versions of both are you
using?

>>> serv...@jiffyslides.com