Thanks walter, though I am not sure I understand that code.
if the identify command assigns and ID, it returns it, but the code
throws it away then does a switch on the id on the next line.
It also appears that maybe I missed something about how queue works if
you are passing it the id of the element.
I will have to look into it, thanks muchly for your input.