Actually, it is quite practical. Any tracks that need to be selected for
editing are worth grouping, after which, one doesn't have to go through the
process of reselecting tracks and can enable or disable with keystrokes alone.
Further, it's possible to additionally hide or show the tracks with the same
keystrokes—yet another way of working in Pro Tools.

Slau