  From: Ronald van Rhijn
  To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 2:33 PM
  Subject: Re: I am not! happy! PT 10.2 Accessibility is broken badly!

  Hi Chris and others,
  First of all let me say I am happy for you Sweetwater is doing it's best for
your problem.
  then the Pro Tools 10 plugin troubles, this is quite a bummer, haven't read
anything about this before either. Very bad, instead of expanding accessibility
it has become less. Wrong way for sure. Avid had to be aware of this, but was
probably the only option for them. Of course this is still very bad for us.
  A petition doesn't seem to be the best thing to do at the moment, don't think
we will get through to Avid this way. Better let Slau bring it to their
attention.
  On the other hand I don't think Avid is taking us very seriously to be
honest…. When came 8.04 out, two years ago?
  I ain't upgrading to 10 just yet either. 9 is fully Lion compatible right?
How about Mountain Lion?
  Just my humble opinion.
  cheers,
  Ronald

  Op 5 jun. 2012, om 16:33 heeft Christopher-Mark Gilland het volgende
geschreven:

    I second your thoughts here.

    I think before I completely say nothing's being done, it doesn't seem to
appear that way, I'll gladly admit, but who knows.  I'm not an Avid engineer.
O? K, you'd think they would have tested this more thoroughly in our defense,
but...

    Yeah, I think you get the point.

    I so would like to hear Slau's opinion on the new 10.2's accessibility, and
moving forward what we're hoping to do to get to the bottom of this.

    I did speak to Christopher Geissler over at Sweetwater, and he was very
prompt at getting right on things.  He got a few e-mails shot off to some of
the real high up guys in Avid, apparently, plus, he said there is a guy who
works at Avid who's in the SW building about 3 days every week, so he said he'd
sit down today over lunch with the guy and discuss my situation, and see what
could be done.

    In Mr. Geissler's defense, I think he's doing an absolutely fabulous job at
taking ownership of this case to the best of his ability.

    Chris.