From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nickus de Vos
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:06 PM
To: Pro Tools Accessibility
Subject: Re: Using 1 hd for recording

Hi,
As said the ideal way is to get a external drive for recording and to
have your OS and pro tools installed on the internal drive. If getting
external drives I would rather get thunderbolt or firewire than USB 3.
If the budget does not allow for external drives for recording, you
should be fine to record on the internal drive of the mac mini, sure
you won't be able to record 32 tracks at once or whatever, but it will
work. Just make sure you get a mac mini with a 7200 RPM drive rather
than a 5400 RPM drive. If you can't get a 7200 RPM drive the 5400
might also work but it's highly recommended to get a 7200 RPM.