From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of TheOreoMonster
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:14 PM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Using 1 hd for recording

OSX server will work fine. its regular OSX with the server app also
included.  It no different from OSX other than the server app gives you some
more advanced administrative control if you want to use it as a actual
server. If you can afford the FUSION drives go for that since the 7200RPM
drives are no longer available. In the end 5400RPM drives will slow things
down a little bit  when loading stuff in and out memory, but its not
impossible to use them especially if you aren't ever gonna be using more
than a few tracks at a time. However if you can get a 7200RPM  external
drive i'd suggest getting one of those and using it as the recording drive.
Fusion drives  will work  well sawwell, cuz as i understand it it's keeps
the most frequently used stuff in the sad part of the drive so its gonna be
like reading it off an SSD which is super fast. Also all mac mini's have two
drive bays in there so you can put in a second HD after the fact if you feel
comfortable with that. the only one sold with two HD's are the mini server
though as you said.

On Dec 15, 2012, at 4:56 AM, "Ramy Moustafa" <moshtaqlealga...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Very great words, thanks so much
> No mac mini with 2 hard drives except the server one.
> It has 2 tp hard drives, and 8 gb of ram, but it has the osx server
> Will it affect anything?
>
> Cheers:
> Ramy Moustafa
> If music be the food of love... play on.
> Mobile:
> 0020102221750
> Personal email:
> ramy.moustaf...@gmail.com