On May 16, 2007, at 3:53 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:

Named graphs ARE supported by most triplestores, but they are mostly already reserved for other uses, like the representation of provenance based on the RDF files that the triples were loaded from.

Reserved? In what sense? a single URi can have multiple properties and hence multiple uses.

I think he means reserved in the sense of the question I asked you about nested graphs - if graphs can't nest then it seems difficult, on the face of it, to have a graph that groups a set of statements that, say, comes from one data provider(the provenance information), and within it graphs that mark groups of statements in order to talk about evidence for them.

-Alan