On Sunday, May 6, 2012 2:09:20 PM UTC-7, Ken Barber wrote:

> >> Do you really think its hard? I was under the impression it was
> >> relatively easy these days.
> >

> > huh. I dunno, lets just say that it did not seem that way at
> >
> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-module-tool/blob/master/README.markdown
> >
> > If I have to go trawl through over 1,000(?) words, and scroll down
> multiple
> > pages, to find out how to do something that is supposed to be "easy"...
> (and
> > still havent even gotten to the details), I start looking elsewhere.
> > I suspect I'm not alone in this :)
>
> So the principle is:
>
> * Create a Modulefile according to the defined format in that doc
> * Run 'puppet module generate' (or puppet-module generate if your
> using the old tool)

I am using a puppet 2.7.9, and ruby 1.8.7

So, I cant use these moduley things, unless I additionally install
"puppet-module".
I cant install an officially "released" version of puppet-module , unless I
install "gems", it seems. (which, oddly, is not part of core ruby)
I cant even install a source version, unless I install git... and even
then, there's no nice "install.rb" file like puppet and facter have... I
have to apparently install yet ANOTHER tool, rake?

:(

Lemme know when your "easy module installation tool" is actually easy to
install itself, please.
Having a one-stop-shopping install.rb file would be one way to accomplish
this. It's rather backwards, when your "easy" puppet configuration tool, is
more difficult to install than puppet itself.

No, sadly, I cant upgrade our version of puppet at this time.