On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:42 AM, Jeff Weiss <jeff.we...@puppetlabs.com>wrote:

> Fourth, Peter, Émile, and Trevor (or anyone else experiencing the
> problem), would you be willing to be pre-release testers of improvements?
> Our ops team is seeing the problem too, but that's only a single real-world
> data point.  We need to make sure we don't self-optimize.  We need your
> help to make sure the performance fixes address *your* problems not just
> ours.

I just wanted to chime in to offer to test any performance patches because
I'm definitely interested in helping get to the bottom of any performance
drops.  We also see the massive memory use during run issues other people
have seen which has resulted in us stopping puppet runs on certain
over-commited boxes as it can tip them over the edge.  Anything that
targets either of this areas is something I'll happily hack in by hand for
testing purposes.  (I have 4 puppetmasters currently so it's easy to target
just a few and not the rest for comparisons).