On Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:20:23 AM UTC-7, Ken Barber wrote:

> > The top level needs to more noticably spell out to the reader, "hey pay
> > attention, this bit(lib dir) is very different, you should go read the
> > detail page to understand it more."
>
> Sounds fair enough, if you think you have a clear idea of how you
> would like the prose to be changed on that particular docs page, put a
> proposal together and submit it as a ticket in Redmine:
>
> http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet-docs

Okay, done. URL = http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/14412

Two related questions/comments:

1. How do I address the problem of forge vs docs site redundancy? Not sure
that the above redmine area is the correct place

2. The trouble with the bug I filed, though.. is that personally, I think
the documentation in that area could do with a *Major* rewrite.
I filed some stopgap measures, but a rewrite is called for.
It would not make sense to do that until the "forge vs docs site" issue is
decently resolves, though.

Additionally, I do have some experience writing online documentation, and
could potentially contribute.
The bug system is not adequate for doing that, though.