Top-posting as I'm responding to the higher level point rather than the
details.

Thomas, it does feel like you're describing a mix between our Contributor
Summit and #puppethack events.

I believe it makes more sense to double down on the more advanced/hacking
topics at a large virtual event like #puppethack that lets more people
participate than it does to force these through to a single geographic
region, or to piggyback them onto PuppetCamps, which have a different focus.