On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Thomas Gelf <tho...@gelf.net> wrote:
> Last time was at last years PuppetConf, had a very nice discussion, do
> not remember with whom. There I have been told that this could be part
> of the upcoming virtual classroom trainings. I realized right a couple
> of minutes ago that there is being offered "Appropriate Module Design"
> right now. That's great to see! From the description I cannot tell how
> deep it goes, but yes, that (and more like this) is what people request
> and need. Cool!

I took the course as an internal reviewer before it went out. I
personally thought it did a good job of covering covering the common
module patterns and structures and how to organize modules for
maintainability, along with a brief discussion of the role of testing
(much past that is out-of-scope).

"Infrastructure Design Using Puppet Modules" is also a good
"best-practices" course. The major topic in the course is the
roles/profiles pattern. It covers how to structure your internal code
fairly well and IMO is a great introduction to "architecting" puppet
code. I'd highly recommend it to anyone building out puppet code from
scratch or looking to refactor their entire code stack.

http://learn.puppet.com/instructor-led-training/appropriate-module-design
http://learn.puppet.com/instructor-led-training/infrastructure-design-using-puppet-modules