On 13 April 2016 at 15:50, Thomas Gelf <tho...@gelf.net> wrote:
> Am 13.04.2016 um 16:15 schrieb Nigel Kersten:
>> Thomas, it does feel like you're describing a mix between our
>> Contributor Summit and #puppethack events.
>
> Not really, I guess I didn't cleanly distinct my thoughts. It should
> read: "Hackathons will not work at entry-level-camps, but you could run
> something like a show-me-how-to-write-my-modules kickstart class". An
> extra day that could be booked (and payed) separately.

The two contributor summits really vary in size and style.

I've definitely helped with thinks that sounds like this at the US
contributor summit. A few of us ran a bootcamp for getting started
with module testing the year before last during the contributor
summit. We have lots (lets say 30ish) people installing the tools and
getting started writing their first test.

Worth nothing though that that format tends to be good for things you
don't already know. It was hard to mix that with more advanced
conversations. The conversations about testing at the EU contributor
summit for instance have tended to be much more indepth though, mainly
down to a much smaller audience.

Gareth

Gareth Rushgrove
@garethr