Hello,

I am curious to know what is the best practice for removing a module (and the resources it maintains) from a system ?

Consider :

node 'webserver' {
  include webservice

class 'webservice' {
  file { '/etc/httpd/conf.d/webservice.conf':

At some point i no longer want webservice on webserver, and therefore remove the module from the node declaration ; however, the configuration file remains there, and thus HTTPd continues to load it.

I have occasionally written sub-modules to do the work of cleaning the resources away (ex. « webservice::no »), but this seems ridiculous, and is an administrative pain besides. What sorts of approaches might there be to make this for manageable ?

Thank you all.

--
Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe DOT net>
"The Internet is completely over." -- Prince