On 10/19/2010 3:29 PM, jcbollinger wrote:

On Oct 18, 9:03 am, David Schmitt<da...@dasz.at>  wrote:
Exactly. If done right, this can be achieved by using purging on the
proper directories (like /etc/http/conf.d) to keep away unmanaged
contents. For the most things this obviates the need for a ::no class
altogether.

But purging makes my skin crawl :)

Seriously, I worry that purging will end up removing something that I
didn't intend.  If that doesn't bother you, and if ensuring a config
file is absent sufficiently addresses the issue, then purging indeed
provides an even simpler solution.

Via the "resources" meta-resource, you can also configure purging of
resources such as users and packages.  That would be unwise unless you
have *ALL* resources of the chosen types under management, but for a
rigorously Puppetized system it probably makes sense.  Mine are not so
thoroughly controlled.

Just FTR: I use purging almost exclusively on .d style directories, most of them again managed by volcane's concat module.

Best Regards, David
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

       FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg