On 11.11.2010 11:06, Chris wrote:

In the general case, even completely legitimate (and common) Latin-1
text files can cause Puppet problems because some Latin-1 bytes are
not valid UTF-8.  In my opinion, the content parameter of a file
resource should be able to handle these cases.

I think you should file a bug then.

I've raised http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/5261

Thinking back to the original PSON bug, the workaround back then was to use YAML serialization. I did notice that that could make clients crash though, I think the 0.25.5 were the afflicted ones.

You may want to give it shot though, anyway. The YAML encoder seems to be less picky where encodings are concerned.

Regards,
Felix