Here is the error I get:

err: //.../File[/root/.bash_profile]: Failed to retrieve current state
of resource: Could not retrieve information from source(s)
puppet:///modules/bash/bash_profile at ...

However, the file is there:

# ll /usr/share/puppet/development/app_modules/bash/files/bash_profile
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 402 Nov 24 05:52 /usr/share/puppet/development/
app_modules/bash/files/bash_profile

Here is my modulepath for my development environment:

modulepath = /usr/share/puppet/development/app_modules:/usr/share/
puppet/development/hosttype_modules:/usr/share/puppet/development/
other_modules

The modulepath is working fine, but I am wondering if it is impacting
the lookup for the file serving stuff.  I tried finding where the
puppetmaster actually looks for the file but got lost in all the
puppet code.  Thanks.

-eric