> Is it possible to have the fileserving subset of puppetmasters running
> without any SSL support? That's throwing security out of the windows of
> course, so the proxy should be able to determine (say, by IP rule?) what
> clients are allowed and which aren't.

This seems like a job for a new file provider.  If memory serves, this
is more involved than just adding a provider because of something
about files not working like other resource types.  Bueller?

I think it'd be very valuable to be able to pick file providers that
grabbed file content from arbitrary HTTP servers, from tarballs, from
stdout of an arbitrary command, etc.