On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 1:57 PM, R.I.Pienaar <r...@devco.net> wrote:

> I totally agree and the new design for external variables - which I dont think
> has been shared with the community for comment yet - is a good replacement for
> extlookup last time I saw what was planned.

The *only* reason that this hasn't been widely shared yet is that I
was hoping to get some kind of consensus from the Puppet users within
Puppet Labs who were involved in trying to design this solution before
opening it up to everyone.

There's no way it's going to get anywhere close to implemented without
significant input from the community. We're not going to create new
interfaces without doing that.

If we don't have consensus internally in the next few days, I'm going
to send it out early next week to get more smart people looking at it
as we've already sat on it too long.