I need to adjust the runinterval for example, because 30min is way to
often when you change something once a month.
Therefor I would have to update the puppet.conf file , and then give
the client a restart to take its new config.

Well I did another test,
took out puppet.conf from the service definition, and changed
puppet.conf.
The client received an update, but it did not "restart" itself, so the
old configuration was still active. So the client did not check if its
config changed or not.

Of course I could write a little script, to check when the puppet.conf
changed and restart the puppet agent.
But this seams to me just a workaround :-/

maybe someone knows a way to accomplish this.
Thnx
Stefanero